Sunday, January 27, 2008

Furry Hats

It's been really cold here lately so I've been making hats. This one is Caron's Allure combined with a matching worsted. The Allure has a soft, silky feel on both the inside and the outside. The hat was done with 5 rows of e-wrap followed by 2 rows of purl.



Fun Fur now comes in self-striping yarn. The hat on the left was done with 2 strands of that and 2 strands of worsted. It's a little stiff so I think I'll try just a single strand of worsted next time. Most of the fur was on the inside of the hat so I turned it inside out. Then I fluffed it with an old toothbrush. The hat was done on the green KK and the Fun Fur ran out with the top row of pink. I had to add some blue to complete the hat but it was worth it to see the hat so fluffy.

No comments: