Sunday, January 27, 2008

Furry Hats

It's been really cold here lately so I've been making hats. This one is Caron's Allure combined with a matching worsted. The Allure has a soft, silky feel on both the inside and the outside. The hat was done with 5 rows of e-wrap followed by 2 rows of purl.

Fun Fur now comes in self-striping yarn. The hat on the left was done with 2 strands of that and 2 strands of worsted. It's a little stiff so I think I'll try just a single strand of worsted next time. Most of the fur was on the inside of the hat so I turned it inside out. Then I fluffed it with an old toothbrush. The hat was done on the green KK and the Fun Fur ran out with the top row of pink. I had to add some blue to complete the hat but it was worth it to see the hat so fluffy.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sassy Stripes 3

My third pair of Sassy Stripe socks. These two aren't fraternal twins like the other socks were. They are made from different dye lots (purchased at different times and locations) so they're more like cousins. My feet don't care if they match and this yarn is great for practicing.

I love the Crazy Toes and Heels method. On these socks I tried a different pattern for the legs. It doesn't show much due to the stripes but I enjoyed learning it and plan to use it on other socks. This stitch design came from the Lace Top, Toe Up Regia Color Sock pattern found at .

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cabled Hat

Yarn Harlot had this free pattern posted on her blog. She called it the Unoriginal Hat. Her directions called for yarn I didn't have so I used 2 strands of ww yarn and changed the needle size to 10 -1/2. As you can see, it came out just a little long. The pattern was very easy to understand but I had to really pay attention to the cables for the first half of the hat. The hat stretches nicely.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Sassy Socks 2

A second pair of socks done with Sassy Stripes is done. Again, I used Queen Kahuna's toe up and short row heel methods. The cuffs of these socks are done in a K2 P2 pattern. Two rows were done and then the pattern was shifted over one stitch. If the sock is in the right light, you can see the slant in the ribbing.