Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Toby's Turn

Maltese Toby has been very cold lately. Sometimes he curls around the furnace vent on the floor and sometimes he asks to be covered with a blanket. This morning I put Emma's second sweater on him (not the pink one). It fits Toby much better than Emma but he's not any happier about it than she was. After sitting for his picture, he stayed in the chair while I ate breakfast instead of curling up in his bed next to me under the table. When I moved to the bedroom and turned on the computer, he slunk his way after me and hid under the bed. So will he accept the sweater and begin his regular activities or will I give up and remove the hated straightjacket?

Follow up: I left the sweater on him for a couple of hours but then he began leaving a room from the opposite side I entered it. So the sweater was removed and now we're best buds again. My little white shadow is happily following me everywhere. Oh, well, it was a good idea.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tubby Puppy

Tubby is based on Scruffy (made by Kathy Norris and posted on her blog She posted directions in one of the loom groups. Her Scruffy turned out much cuter because she used fun fur. Since I didn't have any, I used a veriegated Homespun combined with Red Heart for the body and just the Red Heart for the rest of him.

My poor little guy is so stocky he can barely stand or even sit. I've crocheted many toys but this is my first loomed one.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Newborn Bonnet for LoomClass

My bonnet is finished. The pattern was very easy to follow and I think it makes a cute hat. It's hard to see, but there is a white edging on the brim.

There are no lifesize dolls at my house to model my bonnet so Shelby graciously agreed to help. She's a little small but I think pink is her color.

Another Knitted Purse

This version of the BeeBop Bag is made with 2 strands of Red Heart Yarn on the AJAL. It measures 13 inches across and 10 inches high. I'm working on a divided pocket to be sewn on the inside of the back for a cell phone and whatever. This particular dye lot was a little stiff so the knitting was a bit harder on my wrists. But the finished product feels much like the purse made with WoolEase. So far the biggest problem has been finding buttons that match for the closing!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Darrell Waltrip Cloth

Here is another dishcloth from the same site listed in earlier posts. This one intrigued me and turned out to be extremely easy. It was done by knitting 2 stitches, putting the yarn in front of the work, and passing 2 stitches as if knitting. Seems as though it might work on a loom but I haven't tried it. The variegated yarn makes it stand out.

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Knitted Purse

My first loomed purse was inspired by the pattern posted at Mine was made with 2 strands of Wool Ease on a regular gauge AJAL. Inside is a pocket just large enough for a cell phone. The pocket hangs from a cord attached to the top of the back so the phone won't get lost in the bottom of the purse. The purse measures about 10 inches wide by 8 inches high.